Library Branch Manager
Full-Time Position at the Jessie Peterman Memorial Library (Floyd)
This position leads and supports seven or more staff persons through effective recruitment, supervision, instruction, coaching, evaluation and scheduling in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and procedures. The new branch manager will build lasting community connections in Floyd County; direct all operations and activities of the branch; establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and volunteers; and serve as a key member of the system's management team. Qualified applicant(s) will possess:
• American Library Association accredited master's degree in Library Science or equivalent education and experience
• Minimum of five years' progressively responsible experience in libraries.
• Thorough knowledge of professional library principles, materials, and practices.
• Strong computer skills; experience with automated library systems and assorted software.
• Strong experience with library programming and community engagement, and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
• Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Minimum starting salary $39,310 DOE/DOQ. Floyd County offers benefits including group health, life insurance and participation in VRS (Virginia Retirement System)
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
Application Deadline: Friday, February 07, 2020
Available Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library positions, if any, are posted on this page.
The Montgomery County branches – Christiansburg, Blacksburg, and Meadowbrook (Shawsville) – use the Montgomery County Human Resources Department for library job vacancy processing. Montgomery County applications are online only (note: you will need a valid eMail address). Unfortunately, we are unable to distribute applications nor receive completed applications at Montgomery County Library branches. Assistance is available at the County Job Line: (540) 394-2010.
For more information about a specific, posted Library position, please call the MFRL Administration Office at (540) 382-6969, ext. 210.