Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information Page
As individuals, families, and institutions in Montgomery and Floyd counties confront Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its potential effects on our community, Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library is providing this informational update. Please refer to this page for official updates on Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 emergency.
We regret we cannot offer curbside pickup service at Meadowbrook Library Saturday, 09/25, due to precautions against Covid-19. We hope to resume curbside pickup service on Monday. All other branches are offering ONLY Curbside Pickup service until Monday, October 5. In-branch services are not available. The buildings are closed, but the outside Book Drops are available for returns.
MFRL is not assessing fines on overdue days beginning March 16; fines are scheduled to resume November 1. Children’s items are always fine-free. Thank you for your patience during our closure. We are so happy to welcome you back!
Virginia’s Executive Order #63-#67 require persons using public facilities to wear a face mask or other face covering inside the library. The libraries have enhanced cleaning and disinfection, re-arranged furnishing, installed new equipment, and will quarantine all returned library material for 96 hours. Library staff wear personal protective equipment and follow public health guidelines when handling material.
Disruptions in Services and Operations
- In-person events, programs, community room uses, and outreach are canceled.
- Community rooms and study rooms are not available.
- We are not scheduling future community room reservations at this time.
- The library asks that persons who wish to donate used books or other material defer their donations until further notice; branches can accept only a very limited quantity of donated material at this time.
Continuing or Resumed Services
- Curbside Pickup and Library Picks For You services continue as options for persons who are avoiding public indoor spaces.
- Remote and Wireless Printing.
- Online Library Card registration.
- Library bookdrops are open.
- Passport processing, by appointment. This service is suspended.
- Notary services and Proctoring services. This service is suspended.
Changes to Circulation
- All items checked out from July 15 forward will have regular due dates.
- The library will quarantine all returned library material for 96 hours.
- MFRL is not assessing fines on overdue days beginning March 16; fines are scheduled to resume November 1.
For official, up-to-date information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), please visit:
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Official Page
- United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Page
- Montgomery County Informational Resources for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
If you have cold-like symptoms (Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath) DO NOT go to the Hospital or Emergency Room; first call the New River Health District COVID-19 Hotline @ (540) 267-8240 Their hours are:
- 8am - 8pm
- 8am - Noon
- Noon - 4pm
Check books out from home
Staying busy while Social Distancing can be hard. The library offers patrons access to downloadable ebooks, audiobooks, comics, music, and video content. Some institutions have allowed us to provide more content during this emergency. We're buying more downloadable titles, too.
In addition, the Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library has put together a collection of resources covering everything from digital checkouts, non-library services, wifi-access, and more to help you stay informed and entertained.