Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Information Page
As individuals, families, and institutions in Montgomery and Floyd counties continue to confront Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its effects on our community, Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library is providing this informational update. Please refer to this page for official updates on Montgomery-Floyd Regional Library’s ongoing response to the COVID-19 emergency.
As of April 8, 2021, the library buildings are open to the public during our normal operating hours. Curbside Pickup service remains available. To allow 24 hour quarantine of material, please return all items in the outdoor book drops.
MFRL has suspended overdue fines on materials due after March 16, 2020. Children’s items are always fine-free.
Virginia’s Executive Order #72 requires persons using public facilities to wear a face mask or other face covering inside the library. The libraries have enhanced cleaning and disinfection, re-arranged furnishing, installed new equipment, and will quarantine all returned library material for 24 hours. Library staff wear personal protective equipment and follow public health guidelines when handling material, and when providing assistance.
Disruptions in Services and Operations
- In-person library programming that complies with Executive Order #72 will resume. Please refer to the Library Calendar of Events for scheduled programming.
- Community rooms and study rooms are not available due to state restrictions. We are not scheduling future community room reservations at this time.
- The library asks that persons who wish to donate used books or other material defer their donations until further notice; branches can accept a limited quantity of donated material at this time.
Continuing or Resumed Services
- Curbside Pickup and Library Picks For You services continue as options for persons who are avoiding public indoor spaces.
- Remote and Wireless Printing.
- Online Library Card registration.
- Library bookdrops are open.
- Passport processing is available by appointment at Blacksburg, Christiansburg and Floyd branches.
- Book-a-Librarian, Proctoring and Notary services are available by appointment only.
Changes to Circulation
- All items checked out will have regular due dates.
- The library will quarantine all returned library material for 24 hours.
- MFRL has suspended overdue fines on materials due after March 16, 2020.
For official, up-to-date information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), please visit:
- Virginia Department of Health Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Official Page
- United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Page
- Montgomery County Informational Resources for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Use Virginia’s COVID-19 Vaccine Statewide Pre-registration System to ensure you can get your vaccine when supplies are available. Alternatively you can pre-register over the phone at 877-VAX-IN-VA.
If you have cold-like symptoms (Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath) DO NOT go to the Hospital or Emergency Room; first call the New River Health District COVID-19 Hotline @ (540) 267-8240 Their hours are:
- 8am - 8pm
- 8am - Noon
- Noon - 4pm